Preview: Men's 3m Springboard
· Chinese divers and divers from the United States have won men's 3m springboard a record six times. Russian (3) and Canadian (1) divers have also won the gold medal in this event.
· US divers won each of the first six editions of this event. The winning streak was ended by China's Yu Zhuocheng (CHN) in 1994.
· In addition, China has won the last five editions of men's 3m springboard at the World Championships.
· Cao Yuan (CHN) and Xie Siyi (CHN) are hoping to continue China's winning streak in this event.
· Cao finished fourth in this event at the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, behind He Chao (CHN), Ilya Zakharov (RUS) and Jack Laugher (GBR).
· Laugher can become the first Briton to win men's 3m springboard at the World Championships.
· Laugher is the only British medallist in this event, having claimed the bronze medal in 2015.
· Coming into these championships, the only Briton to have won an individual diving event at the World Championships is Thomas Daley (GBR), who won men's 10m platform in 2009.
· Laugher won two of the four FINA Diving World Series meets in 2017, in Beijing and Windsor.
· Ilya Zakharov (RUS) hopes to become the third Russian to win this event, after Dmitriy Sautin (1998 and 2001) and Aleksandr Dobroskok (RUS, 2003).
· Zakharov took home the silver medal in this event in 2011 and 2015 and could become the first diver with three silver medals in this event at the World Championships.