Daily Review: Diving
3m / 10m Team Event:
- France won the team event at the 2017 FINA World Championships, as Laura Marino (FRA) and Matthieu Rosset (FRA) teamed for victory in Budapest.
- For France, it was the first medal of any kind in diving at World Championships. Before today, the country's greatest success in this sport in a major event at international level had been Mady Moreau (FRA) claiming a silver medal in women's 3m springboard in the Helsinki 1952 Olympic Games.
- At the World Championships, this was France's 29th gold medal following 22 in long course swimming, three in open water swimming and three in synchronised swimming.
- For France, it was the third gold medal at this edition of the World Championships in Budapest. On Monday, Marc-Antoine Olivier (FRA) triumphed in men's 5km in open water swimming and earlier on Tuesday Aurélie Muller (FRA) won women's 10k.
- Viviana del Angel Peniche (MEX) and Rommel Pacheco Marrufo (MEX) claimed silver. It was the 13th diving medal for Mexico (G1-S4-B8) and the pair was hoping to give their country its second gold.
- Krysta Palmer (USA) teamed with David Dinsmore (USA) to give United States their first diving medal at the 2017 World Championships.
- After settling with bronze in this event two years ago in Kazan, China now failed to win a medal at all.
- China won at least one medal in all 13 diving events in Kazan two years ago, but have now failed to finish on the podium in two of eight completed events in Budapest. China did not manage to pocket a medal in women's 1m springboard either.