Synchronised Swimming - Team Technical Routine
· Russia won all five previous editions of the team technical routine at the World Championships.
· Aleksandra Patskevich (RUS), Alla Shishkina (RUS) and Angelika Timanina (RUS) have won a record four gold medals in this event.
· Vlada Chigireva (RUS) and Maria Shurochkina (RUS) can join Daria Korobova (RUS) on three gold medals in this event.
· The silver and bronze medals in this event have been divided between Spain (4 medals), China (3), Japan (2) and Ukraine (1).
· Anna Voloshyna could claim her third medal at this year's edition of the World Championships, the first synchronised swimmer to do so. She took a bronze medal in the solo and duet technical routine.
Diving - Mixed Team Event
· The team event is the only one of current diving events at the FINA World Championships which has not been won by China yet.
· The team event was first staged at the World Championships in Kazan in 2015, when Rebecca Gallantree (GBR) and Thomas Daley (GBR) won for Great Britain, ahead of Yulia Prokopchuk (UKR) and Oleksandr Gorshkovozov (UKR) (second) and Chen Ruolin (CHN) and Xie Siyi (CHN) (third).
· Matthieu Rosset (FRA) and Laura Marino (FRA) won the team event at the most recent European Championships in June 2017. coming into these world championships, France has never claimed a medal in any diving event at the World Championships.
Open Water Swimming - Men's 10km
· Jordan Wilimovsky (USA) will defend his title from Kazan 2015 in an attempt to become the fourth swimmer of multiple World Championships gold medals in men's 10km.
· Thomas Lurz (GER, 3), Vladimir Dyatchin (RUS, 2) and Spyridon Gianniotis (GRE, 2) are the three athletes to have achieved this. Gianniotis, who retired after the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, won two world titles in 2011 and 2013.
· Ferry Weertman (NED, Rio 2016) and Oussama Mellouli (TUN, London 2012) are hoping to become the first athletes to win Olympic gold and World Championships gold in men's 10km.
· Marc-Antoine Olivier (FRA) won men's 5km and could follow in the footsteps of Thomas Lurz (GER, 2009) in winning men's 5km and 10km at the same World Championships.
· Olivier can become the first Frenchman with multiple World Championships medals in open water swimming. Aurélie Muller (FRA, 3 medals) is the only lady of such achievement.