- Steven LoBue (USA) is the third world champion in men's high diving after Orlando Luque (COL) in 2013 and Gary Hunt (GBR) in 2015.
- LoBue hands United States its first medal in this event at the world championships.
- Michal Navratil (CZE, silver) and Alessandro De Rose (ITA, bronze) also claimed the first podium spots for their country in this event at the world championships.
- Navratil's silver medal is the first ever for Czech Republic (or Czechoslovakia) in any men's event in any sport at the FINA World Aquatics Championships.
- The last czech woman to claim a medal at the FINA World Aquatics Championships was Ilona Hlavackova in the women's 50m backstroke in 2003 (silver).
and I'm very happy now for the 2nd place. To be part of this small group of the high divers it's very speciel and I'm lucky to be here. We help each other a lot. The city is amazing and I think we have a very unique view from the top of the tower, and we can see the castles and churches."
- De Rose claimed Italy's 15th medal at the 2017 FINA World Aquatics Championships, a record number for the country at a single edition (14 in 2015).
- Five of the nine world championships medals in men's high diving have now been won by divers older than 30 years (LoBue and Navratil are both 32).