· Chinese duos have won six out of nine men's 10m platform synchro events at the World Championships.
· In 2015, Lin Yue (CHN) and Chen Aisen (CHN) won the gold medal.
· Chen has a chance to join Tian Liang (CHN) on two World Championships gold medals in this event. Only Huo Liang (CHN, 3) and Lin Yue (3) won this event more times.
· Chen and Yang Hao (CHN) won all four men's 10m platform synchro events in the FINA Diving World Series this season.
· Behind Chen and Yang, German duo Patrick Hausding (GER) and Sascha Klein (GER) finished second at all four FINA Diving World Series meets this season.
· Klein and Hausding won this event at the 2013 FINA World Championships in Barcelona. Both can join Tian Liang on two world championship gold medals in this event. Only Huo Liang (3) and Lin Yue (3) have won this event more often.
· Klein and Hausding also took the world championship silver medal in men's 10m platform synchro in 2011. The duo can join Huo Liang (G3), Lin Yue (G3), Tian Liang (G2-B1) and Hu Jia (CHN, G1-S1-B1) on a record three medals in this event.
· Germany could become the second country after China, to win this event multiple times at the World Championships.
· Apart from China and Germany, Russia (2005) and Australia (2003) are the other two countries to have won men's 10m platform synchro.
· At the 2015 FINA World Championships, Iván Garcia (MEX) and Germán Sánchez (MEX) clinched silver, while Roman Izmailov (RUS) and Viktor Minibaev (RUS) claimed the bronze medal.
· Minibaev paired up with Aleksandr Bondar (RUS) in the FINA Diving World Series this season, claiming three third place finishes.
· Minibaev/Bondar can become the second Russian duo to win this event, after the victory of Dmitri Dobroskok (RUS) and Gleb Galperin (RUS) in 2005.
· Thomas Daley (GBR) and Daniel Goodfellow (GBR) took the bronze medal in this event in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
· The best result by a British duo in this event at the World Championships is a third place by Peter Waterfield (GBR) and Leon Taylor (GBR) from 2005.